14/12/2013

The Christmas Tag || 12 Days of Christmas

               Hiya!
So guys I thought I’d try blogging for the next 12 days on the run up to Christmas! Will definitely be a challenge to keep on schedule and fit in time to blog with school etc but I think it’ll be really fun too! Keep in mind not all the posts will be Christmas related, will just be some posts I’ve wanted to write for a while but haven’t got round to doing so yet J Also let me know if there are any posts you’d like to read from me.
I thought I would start with something festive and do the Christmas tag since I've seen many bloggers I read do this already.
 
 
1.When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
    Well since Christmas is my favorite holiday I get excited pretty quickly, maybe even before Halloween… Usually around the end of October :) I'm still just a kid at heart.

    2. Do you still have advent calendars?
    The last few years, sadly not but I complained to my mum this year and she definitely made up for the last few years. She bought me the best advent calendar from Thorntons which is The Snowman themed and on the final day it had a bigger chocolate personalized with my name. Magical.

    3. What are your favourite Christmas Films?
    Like every other person and their mother I love Elf, never fails to make me laugh. Arthur Christmas is a pretty cute movie and Fred Claus is funny too.

    4. Do you have any funny Christmas memories?
    Nothing in particular jumps to mind, I just love the entire day. Lying around with my family, eating a lot and watching some good movies. Always just such a great day.

    5. Talk us through your typical Christmas Day?
    I get up and open all my presents along with my sister, we then usually go back to our rooms for a while and just chill and take our times to get ready. The last few  years some of my aunts and cousins come up for dinner so around 12 everyone arrives. The whole day then just consists of food and chat and charades. Yes we really play charades. Later that evening it’s all just very relaxed and I can do whatever, watch some movies normally though.
6. What do you eat for Christmas Dinner?
Home made vegetable soup is what I like for starter. Meat wise I love roast beef, I don’t really like meat but I love that. Then all the usual trimmings, stuffing, vegetables, yorkshire puddings, cocktail sausages and gravy. Then for dessert I normally just have ice cream or melon, I’m not a big fan of Christmas type puddings or mince pies…
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Not really, just always spend it with my family. There’s nothing special we do every year since neither me nor my sister are young anymore L
8. Which are your favourite Christmas songs?
Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You, is always a good song. Also love Britneys – Santa Can You Hear Me since Britney is my queen.
9. What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
Again nothing in particular springs to mind but I love all the presents I get every year. When I was younger I was always over the moon with something to do with Barbie’s or anything artsy.

10.Real or fake Christmas tree?
We have a plain green fake tree which I love but the smell of real trees is amazing. When I move out I think I’ll have a real tree though.
 
I tag everyone reading this to do this tag!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Love, Julie xx

4 comments: