04/01/2014

Real Techniques' Brushes

              Hiya!
Today I thought I would do another review for you guys on much loved products, the Real Techniques brushes. The starer set to be exact.
Apologies for having to use pictures of the brushes from online since I have already used mine as I got too excited and couldn’t wait until I had photographed them.. sorry..
Buying makeup brushes can get pretty damn expensive especially when you’re younger and don’t have a lot of disposable income but Real Techniques brushes are definitely on the cheaper end but are still incredible quality. I’ve had my eye on the starter set for a long time and finally asked for it for Christmas, I was especially excited to try the deluxe crease brush for concealer as so many youtubers rave about that brush in particular and it was a lot smaller than me using my expert face brush to try and blend my concealer on an everyday basis. The set in general definitely did not disappoint.
The set includes: deluxe crease brush, base shadow brush, accent brush, pixel-pint eyeliner brush and the eyebrow brush.
It also comes in a super handy carry case that folds into a stand with extra room for some other brushes.
 My 2 definite favourites so far are the deluxe crease brush and the eyebrow brush. Like I imagined the crease brush is perfect for blending out concealer anywhere on the face but is still really great and placing colour in the crease and applying a highlight colour to my brow bone I found. My previous eyebrow brush I thought I really liked, I didn't really think a different brush would make that much difference but oh baby was I wrong. This eyebrow brush is incredible, you have so much control and can place the colour exactly where you want it to go but doesn't make your eyebrows look stupid or too drawn on.
If you're starting out with makeup or just want to build your collection of brushes seriously check out Real Techniques, this set was £21.99 which for 5 brushes compared to places like MAC is amazing!
I also got the sponge from the collection which I may do a post on once I've really used it to see just how I like it to apply foundation.
 
What brush brand is your favourite?
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Love, Julie xx
 
Ps. If you'd like to see how I store my makeup brushes I did a post HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Really want to try Sigma brushes some time :) x

    ReplyDelete